|Лу Фериньо Бърза информация|
|Височина||6 фута 3,5 инча|
|Дата на раждане||9 ноември 1951 г.|
Лу Фериньо е американски актьор, пенсиониран културист, личен треньор и автор, най-известен като подгласник до Арнолд Шварценегер на състезанието по бодибилдинг IFBB Mr. Olympia през 1974 г. и спечелване на 3-то място в IFBB Mr. Olympia 1975 г. Усилията на Лу да спечели бяха обект на документалния филм „ Изпомпване на желязо“ (1977), който го направи добре познат на световната публика. След почивка, която той посвещаваше на актьорско майсторство в телевизионните сериали Невероятният Хълк (1977-1982), Център за травми (1983), както и филмите Херкулес (1983), Приключенията на Херкулес (1985), All's Fair (1989) ), Sinbad of the Seven Seas (1989) и Cage (1989), Лу се връща към състезанията по културизъм в началото на 90-те години.
Въпреки това, той достига едва 12-то място в IFBB Mr. Olympia 1992 и 10-то в IFBB Mr. Olympia 1993. Разочарован, Лу се появява в състезание за IFBB Masters Olympia 1994, който е изобразен в документален филм, озаглавен Stand Tall (1996). След като загуби от Роби Робинсън, той официално се оттегли от състезанията по културизъм. След това Лу заимства гласа си на „Хълк“ в анимационния телевизионен сериал „Невероятният Хълк“ (1996-1997), а след това продължава да се появява в телевизионните сериали „Кралят на Куинс“ (2000-2007) и „ Con Man“ (2017), както и във филмите Хълк (2003), Instant Death (2017) и Enter the Fire(2018). Лу Фериньо натрупа голяма база от фенове в социалните медии, състояща се от над 3 милиона последователи във Facebook, над 200 000 последователи в Instagram и над 100 000 последователи в Twitter.
Луис Джуд Фериньо
Лу, Луи, Биг Луи, Хълк
Бруклин, Ню Йорк, Ню Йорк, САЩ
Лос Анджелис, Калифорния, САЩ
Лу Фериньо посещава гимназия "Св. Атанасий" в Бруклин, Ню Йорк, Ню Йорк, САЩ. По-късно се записва в Бруклинската техническа гимназия в Бруклин, Ню Йорк, Ню Йорк, САЩ, от която завършва през 1969 г.
Актьор, пенсиониран културист, личен треньор, автор
- Баща - Мат Фериньо (полицейски лейтенант)
- Майка - Виктория Фериньо
- Братя и сестри - Анди Фериньо (брат)
- Други - Луи Фериньо (дядо по бащина линия), Антоанета Акарино (баба по бащина линия)
Лу Фериньо е представен от -
- Консултанти за знаменитости (търговски агент за таланти) в Енчино, Калифорния, САЩ
- Carla Ferrigno Management (мениджър) в Лос Анджелис, Калифорния, САЩ
- Kind Management (мениджър) в Лос Анджелис, Калифорния, САЩ
- Адвокатско дружество Pafundi (законен представител) в Бевърли Хилс, Калифорния, САЩ
6 фута 3,5 инча или 192 см
- 129 кг или 284,5 lbs (1975)
- 143 кг или 315 фунта (1992)
- 115 кг или 253,5 (пост-активна кариера)
Приятел / съпруга
Лу Фериньо е датирал -
- Susan Groff (1978-1979) – He married Susan Groff on May 27, 1978, but they got divorced only a year later.
- Carla Green (1980-Present) – On May 3, 1980, he got married to a psychotherapist, who then became his manager and later a personal trainer, Carla Green. They have 3 children together – daughter Shanna Ferrigno (b. 1981), who later became an actress, son Louis Jr. Ferrigno (b. November 10, 1984), who was a football player turned actor in 2013, and another son, Brent Ferrigno (b. 1990).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair has shown signs of ‘Salt and Pepper’ color.
- Towering, muscular physique
- Bushy eyebrows
- Vocal slur
His body measurements around 1975 might have been –
- Chest – 59 in or 150 cm
- Arms – 22.5 in or 57 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86.5 cm
- Thighs – 29 in or 73.5 cm
- Neck – 19 in or 48 cm
Lou Ferrigno has endorsed his own brands FerrignoFitness and FerrignoFIT.
Lou Ferrigno has appeared in commercials such as –
- Print ads for Joe Weider’s Dynamic Muscle Builder drink (1991)
- Longhorn Steakhouse (January 2006)
- Butterfinger (2010)
- O-Cedar’s ProMist Spray Mop (2012)
- Entertainment.com (2012)
Best Known For
- Being a professional bodybuilder from 1969 to 1977 and 1990 to 1995, IFBB Mr. Olympia runner-up in 1974, 3rd place in IFBB Mr. Olympia 1975, and winning the title IFBB Mr. Universe title 1973 and 1974 consecutively, as well as 4th place in the World’s Strongest Man 1977 competition
- His roles in TV series such as The Incredible Hulk (1977-1982), Trauma Center (1983), Black Scorpion (2001), The King of Queens (2000-2007), Con Man (2017), The Grindhouse Radio (2018), The Adventures of Velvet Prozak (2018), and voice acting in the animated TV series The Incredible Hulk (1996-1997), and Adventure Time (2010-2016)
- Starring in movies such as Hercules (1983), The Adventures of Hercules (1985), All’s Fair (1989), Cage (1989), Cage II (1994), The Godson (1998), Hulk (2003), Moms’ Night Out (2014), Instant Death (2017), and Enter the Fire (2018)
Lou Ferrigno made his theatrical film debut as Hercules in the adventure-fantasy film, Hercules in 1983.
First TV Show
Lou Ferrigno made his first TV show appearance as a contestant in an episode of the sport series ABC’s Wide World of Sports on April 11, 1976.
Lou Ferrigno followed a 3-day split routine both during competition and in the off-season. He trained each muscle group 2 times per week due to his superior genetics and the aid of necessary drugs used by all bodybuilders. Lou did 4-5 sets of 6-10 repetitions per exercise and worked out every day except on Sunday. His typical workout routine was as follows –
- Monday – Chest and Back
- Tuesday – Shoulder and Arms
- Wednesday – Legs
- Thursday – Chest and Back
- Friday – Shoulder and Arms
- Saturday – Legs
- Sunday – Rest and Recovery
As for diet, he ate calorie-dense food, and as much protein as possible from sources such as fish, red beef, steaks, chicken, and eggs. When dieting down for a bodybuilding show, he would follow a simple, 5-times a day diet plan with around 3500 calories, adjusted for his towering height and muscular body. It looked like this:
- Meal 1 – Oatmeal, fruit, milk
- Meal 2 – Chicken, vegetables, and rice
- Meal 3 – Mashed or baked potato, lean steak, vegetables
- Meal 4 – Rice, fish, vegetables
- Meal 5 – Eggs, vegetables
After his competition days were over, Lou never backed down from his health and fitness habits, and all of his 3 children were taught early, and are very athletic and interested in fitness. Lou still grows his own fruit, does a lot of cardio inside and outside the gym such as riding a bike, and gets a massage and even tried cupping to aid muscle recovery.
Lou Ferrigno Favorite Things
- Movies – Star Wars, Iron Man, Spiderman
- Animal – Dog
- People – Stan Lee, Dolph Lundgren
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Lou Ferrigno Facts
- As a child, Lou suffered from an ear infection that resulted in permanent but partial hearing loss.
- He claimed that hearing loss was the driving force in his life to achieve success. His father was very negative about his chances to make it in life, and Lou was bullied in school for his “disability.”
- Lou began lifting weights at the age of 13, inspired by his idol, bodybuilder Steve Reeves, who was known for the lead roles in movies Hercules (1958), and Hercules Unchained (1959).
- At the age of 15, Lou helped his father tar the roof throughout the summer so he could earn enough money to buy a Weider Preacher Curler Bench and 100 lbs of weights in order to train regularly.
- Lou and his family adopt pets in order to save them from careless owners, abuse, negligence, and ultimately being put down at the vets’ office. In April 2019, one of his dogs named Mia passed away.
- Lou made his professional bodybuilding debut at the NABBA Mr. Universe competition in 1972.
- He won his 1st major bodybuilding title of IFBB Mr. America right after he graduated high school in 1969.
- When he won the title of IFBB Mr. Universe in 1974, Lou was 20 years old, and the youngest bodybuilder to achieve that feat.
- Both of his parents appeared in the bodybuilding documentary Pumping Iron (1977).
- Lou created his own brand of fitness equipment named Ferrigno Fitness.
- He was forced to work a $10-an-hour job as a sheet metal worker in Brooklyn, New York because bodybuilding wasn’t a lucrative job at that time. He quit out of fear after one of his friends cut off his own hand on the job.
- Lou’s acting mentor was Bill Bixby. He appeared alongside him in The Hulk franchise of movies.
- After the release of the last TV movie titled The Death of the Incredible Hulk (1990), more movies were already planned. The death of Bill Bixby from cancer rendered those plans impossible, and also crushed Lou as he was a shadow of himself in those last days.
- Lou’s favorite episode of the TV series The Incredible Hulk (1978-1982) was titled King of the Beach, in which he played both The Hulk and a bodybuilder.
- He was fighting for the role of The Hulk with Arnold Schwarzenegger, but it ultimately went to Lou because he was taller and fit the description of the character better.
- Lou escaped certain death thanks to fortunate circumstances in October 1981. He was invited to be a personal guest by the President of Egypt and sit right next to him, but he canceled Lou’s invite at the last minute. The president was later assassinated along with 12 other people, and the killer revealed that he initially planned the killing spree for the exact event Lou was supposed to attend.
- In 2003, he wrote an autobiography titled My Incredible Life As The Hulk. In it, he said that he had no profits off The Hulk merchandise, as no such deals existed in contracts at the time, and he lost out on royalties throughout the years.
- He appeared in the music video for Michael Jackson‘s song Liberian Girl (1989).
- Lou was Michael Jackson’s personal trainer and prepared him physically for the tours in 2008 and 2009. Unfortunately, his untimely death cut both of their plans short.
- In 2006, he was sworn as a Los Angeles County, California Reserve Sheriff’s Deputy Level II, honoring his father’s profession.
- His co-star and on-screen matchup in the movie Hercules (1983), Sybil Danning, had a massive crush on him.
- In 2012, Lou announced that after a lifetime of being dependent on a hearing aid apparatus, he underwent a revolutionary surgery of implanting a special device under the skin, and got back his natural hearing ability.
- At the same time he announced the surgery was performed, during season 5 of the reality-TV series The Celebrity Apprentice (2012), he also collected $50k prize money for his charity – Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- Lou has appeared on the covers of well-known magazines such as Muscle & Fitness, Flex, Muscle Builder, Iron Man, Bodybuilding Lifestyle, Muscle Mag International, Muscular Development, Muscle Training, Natural Bodybuilding, and Strength & Health.
- Лу е бил принуден да заведе дело срещу брат си Анди два пъти поради спора относно правата да използва името Фериньо за бизнес начинания.
- Президентът Доналд Тръмп го назначи за член на Съвета на САЩ по спорт, фитнес и хранене през май 2018 г.
- През май 2019 г. Лу обяви, че става личен треньор на Марк Кубан, известен предприемач и бизнесмен, на стойност 4 млрд. Долара към февруари 2019 г.
- Посетете официалните му уебсайтове @ louferrigno.com, ferrignofit.com.
- Следвайте го в Instagram, Facebook, Twitter и YouTube.
Представено изображение от Роджър Чанг / Flickr / CC BY-2.0